The overall prevalence of blindness around the globe demands well equipped paramedical personnel. The latest developments in the field of medicine are the greatest challenges for the paramedics. It is very important to provide structured training for the ophthalmic paramedics.
Objectives of the Course
- To provide knowledge and develop practical skills in the field of OT
- To enhance clinical skills to support the ophthalmologist
- To upgrade technical skills in handling of and maintenance of instruments and other equipment
- The target group is confined to MLOPs of other organisations
- OT assistants interested in ophthalmic surgery
- General Nurses working in an ophthalmology set up
Outcome of the course
- By the end of this course the trainee will be able to:
- Assist in cataract surgeries.
- Manage an ophthalmic theatre in a cost effective manner
- Promote patient centered care with continuous quality improvement